Meghan Markle celebrates Mother’s Day in the US with Archie and Lilibet – after announcing the children will travel to the UK for Platinum Jubilee
- May 8th sees the US mark Mother’s Day, and Meghan Markle, 40, will celebrate for the first time with two children – Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11 months
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex publicly donated to Harvest Home last year to mark the parenting milestone – and it’s thought they’ll make a similar gesture this year
- Couple, who live in California, announced on Friday that they are likely to visit the UK with Archie and Lilibet for the Platinum Jubilee in June
Meghan Markle will enjoy her first Mother’s Day with two children this Sunday as the parenting celebration is marked across the Pond.
It was announced on Friday that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have been enjoying life as a family of four at their $ 14m California mansion, are now likely to travel for the first time to the UK with children Archie, three, and Lilibet , 11 months, for the Platinum Jubilee next month.
Despite choosing to spend Mother’s Day in the US privately last year, Harry and Meghan made a public donation to charitable organization Harvest Home and are likely to want to do something just as special to mark this year’s parenting milestone.
Scroll down for video
The Duchess of Sussex is set to celebrate her first Mother’s Day in the US with two children. Pictured: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11-months-old (pictured together)
Meghan and Harry celebrated Mother’s Day privately last year with son Archie but made a public donation to Harvest Home – it’s thought the couple will make a similar gesture this year
Last year, Mother’s Day in the US took place less than a month before the couple welcomed second child Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor on June 4 2021.
The couple took to the Archewell website at the time to recognize the work of Los-Angeles based homeless charity Harvest Home, donating a year’s worth of diapers and cleaning supplies.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are now poised to have a busy summer with their visit to the UK to mark the Queen’s 70 years on the throne with celebrations beginning on June 2.
The couple could still appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony during the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, despite the Queen sensationally imposing a ban.
A dramatic statement at 3pm from the Palace said the couple – as well as the Duke of York – would not be invited onto the balcony for Trooping the Color, the spectacular start of her long weekend of commemorations.
Harry and Meghan could still appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony during the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, despite the Queen imposing a ban with a statement on May 6th
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to return to the UK with their children to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – the first time a family of four will have traveled together to the UK (Pictured: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games in The Hague in April)
Just 18 minutes later, the defiant Sussexes finally revealed in a tweet via their friend and journalist Omid Scobie that they will still fly in from California – with Archie, three today, and Lilibet, 11 months – for the events to mark the monarch’s 70 years on the throne that begin on June 2.
Earlier this week, it was also revealed that Harry, 37, will play the rest of the 12 goal polo season at Santa Barbara with his Los Padres teammates.
Finding Freedom author Omid Scobie said Harry will participate in the Folded Hills Pope Challenge between May 9th-15th, Lisle Nixon Cup from May 20th-29th as well as the Cheval Athletics USPA Intra-Circuit which runs June 3rd-19th.
Royal experts have warned that Harry and Meghan’s mere presence back in the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee threatens to overshadow the festivities.
Harry to return after being ‘reassured’ over security arrangements
Prince Harry’s return to the UK for his Jubilee celebrations comes after he was ‘reassured’ about arrangements for the security of him and his children.
Sources recently told the Daily Mail that the prince appeared mollified at the plans put in place when he and Meghan visited the Queen at Windsor last month.
The couple brought over their own private bodyguards from the US but stayed on the Queen’s Windsor estate and received a Special Escort Group (SEG) detail when traveling outside.
The SEG provides mobile armed protection to both royals and government ministers.
This ‘hybrid’ model is now likely to be offered to Harry, Meghan and children, Archie, three, and, Lilibet, ten months, when visiting.
It would be funded by taxpayers as the Home Office have made it clear that they cannot agree on private financial arrangements with anyone receiving Met Police security.
Harry, 37, is taking legal action against the Home Office after being stripped of armed police protection.
He says he does not feel safe under current security arrangements bringing his family to the UK and has offered to pay for British police bodyguards himself.
The duke’s barrister, Shaheed Fatima QC, previously told the High Court that Harry considers the UK ‘is and will always be his home’ and says he is keen to return to visit family and friends – although the prince this week said in a TV interview that home ‘is in the States’.
A well-placed source told the Mail: ‘Harry was fairly pleased with the way the operation worked [when he and Meghan came to Windsor] and the liaison between his security team and the Met. He believes it means a workable solution can be found, allowing him to come over with his children as early as the Platinum Jubilee. ‘
The source said they believed Harry would now row back from his legal action.